Saturday, November 1, 2008

Love for a little old town like Marion...

So what is really needed to find an agreement?

I think that even more than persuasive words, we need persuasive action.

I think reaching an agreement must come from a deep desire to offer every opportunity within our power to our students learning in our school system.

I think the decision making process benefits from a person who is a product of the very educational system that is being addressed.

I think the decision making process needs a perspective that keeps the focus on the quality of education we provide our children.

I think the decision making process is best helped by someone committed to the community and school system it serves.

I think the decision making process is best helped by someone who displays her trust in the system by placing children in that school system.

I think that having roots in the community and entrusting my young ones education to this school system gives credibility to my desire to see our schools succeed.

I think the school board benefits from the perspective of a parent whose family is directly, educationally affected by the decisions made.

I think the school board should encompass many degrees of experience.

I think the school board and the community benefits from a perspective that has a vested interest in where our educational system is going.

I think the school board should be comprised of different perspectives throughout the community unified towards a common goal.

I think we need to keep asking the question: How does this affect the education we offer to our students?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post! Looking forward to Tuesday!